You can get the most from your community Wi-Fi provided by ETS by utilizing the 5GHz band
Advantages of 5GHz network
· Vastly superior bandwidth availability for faster surfing, streaming, and downloading
· Far less interference than traditional 2.4GHz networks by utilizing 23 non-overlapping channels, while 2.4GHz only offers 3 non-overlapping channels
· Many other devices are also on the 2.4GHz frequencies, the biggest offenders are blue-tooth devices, microwaves and cordless phones. These devices add noise to the medium that can further decrease the speed of wireless networks
Getting connected to the 5GHz network
· If your device is 5GHz ready, simply select the “ETS 5GHz” network from your list of available networks and enter the network key. The network key is the same as the regular ETS network.
· If you do not see the “ETS 5GHz” network available, this means that your device is not 5GHz ready; not to worry, you can easily add this capability to your computer by purchasing one of our recommended USB adapters.